Friday, April 10, 2009

Read this...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/apr/10/black-in-london

I personally think that he is just a bit bitter due to his own experience of living in London. I agree with certain aspects of his article, the bit about white people being promoted quicker than black people, however, at the end of the day, many black people have lived in London all their lives and have done just fine.

He says that “we need black universities just like they have in America.” I personally wouldn’t go to one, the idea of living in a multi-cultural area but going to an all black school seems a bit bizarre to me.

He also insists that “some of these hideously white companies should be forced to hire and promote black people.” Erm… I wouldn’t want to work where I wasn’t wanted, would you?

What do you think about Peter Akinti’s article? Comment.

No comments: