Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Another music moment...



“I wanna be rich, and I want lots of money…”

This lyric is taken from ‘The Fear’, the first song off Lily Allen’s second album, ‘It’s Not Me, It’s You’ (released 9th February in the UK). I would have bet a couple of pennies that Lily Allen could not top her 2006 debut, ‘Alright, Still’, and the rest of her songs would be rubbish. But she has proven me wrong. ‘The Fear’ is more of the no-nonsense, honest pop we have come to expect from her, but it is a song that will stay in your head all day, while simultaneously providing a deeper meaning to the song. A lot of people will identify with this song, listen carefully and you’ll understand what I mean. I look forward to listening to more of her new album (and didn’t think I’d say that).

Note: I’m not posting two ‘music moments’ in a row because I’ve run out of things to say already, it’s just because I’m undergoing the torture that is January modular exams, and won’t really be around until late Jan/early Feb. Until then, read this blog, and this blog, ‘cos they’re cooooool.

P.S: For every new tune, there’s an old one. Click!

No comments: