Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"Walking in a Winter Wonderland..."












‘Snow Day’ (as it has been dubbed by everyone under twenty-two), aka Monday 2nd February, saw London covered in the heaviest snowfall in eighteen years. This was particularly great for teachers and the youth, as school was cancelled for thousands of school children (including myself). I used yesterday to take some pictures around my area. While walking around, even though it was freezing, I noticed there was more of a relaxed, careless atmosphere in the air (even though there were no buses, and the Tube was virtually non-existent). I guess it’s because it’s an unusual situation. But a nice change, nonetheless.

Well done to everyone who made a snowman.

P.S: Now we have had a really cold winter, can we have a really hot summer, please?

No comments: